Based on our preliminary experiences of the last 4 weeks, here's what I have come to believe:
- Parents with one kid --a balanced decision of both the head and heart (50/50).
- Parents with two kids --a slightly unbalanced decision of heart over head (60/40).
- Parents with three kids --the result of losing one's head or a birth control malfunction(75/25).
- Parents with 4 or more kids --total surrender and submission.
|"I make midnight visits to my parents' room."|
- buy diapers or change a diaper
- try to leave the house on time.
- consider going to church service.
- consider going out to eat.
- are awakened by one or both children and kept up all night trying to keep them asleep and or in their beds.
- see a preview for a new movie we know we'll never see in theatres.
Sure the positives far outweigh the negative and in reality we want to have as many children as God will bless us with--and we can afford (let's not kid ourselves). Right now the magic number is two. We are blessed and at times--just a tad stressed, but it's alllll good.
I just needed to speak the truth for a moment.