While I wait for this baby to arrive, I've been doing all sorts of little things like:
- loading up my iPod with Rockabye lullabies (we LOVE these)
- loading up my iPod with music I may (or may not) want to hear before, during, after delivery.
- putting together an arrival gift for the au pair
- reading Happiest Baby on the Block by Harvey Karp
- reading up on breastfeeding
- doing laundry over and over again (super paranoid about it backing up like never before)
- and finally...packing and repacking my hospital bag
After consultation with other mommy friends, family, doula/nurse instructors from our childbirth and breastfeeding classes here's what I'm bringing...
For the labor/delivery bag (a small backpack):
- a magazine for me
- cozy socks
- nursing cream
- massage aids
- a touch of makeup
For the recovery room:
- my HPmini netbook (yes! I just may blog from the hospital bed-lol)
- nursing gown
- nursing bra/pads
- thank you notes
- my going home outfit
- baby's going home outfit/optional hospital pic outfit
- postpartum support girdle
Some other things:
- I decided against bringing my boppy to the hospital after our breastfeeding nurse advised against it.
- I am also bringing my DSLR
- Charm City Daddy is bringing his Flip Mino camcorder in his bag. Yes, he has a bag too, and in it he has been advised to bring Champagne! :)
What did I forget? What else would you suggest? I am really trying to bring as little as possible. If it doesn't fit in these two bags, I don't want it.